[OSList] Conversation today with Brian Burt of MaestroConference

Koos de Heer koos at auryn.nl
Wed Aug 29 23:23:15 PDT 2012

Hi Lisa,

Yes, I completely agree with your summary of essential aspects of
Open Space. And that we should only call it Open Space when it is.

Very important what you say about the presence of the facilitator.
Like the unconditional trust that the participants will do what is
right for them and their purpose. Like being there without doing very
much - just holding space. These things have a great influence in
face-to-face facilitation, but they are very subtle and hard to
record or measure. At the same time, they are a key difference
between good meetings and great meetings. So I would like to look for
ways to build this into the design of the system. I have no idea yet
how to do this, but maybe others do.

Koos