[OSList] Fwd: Open Space & the White House

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 11:30:54 PDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

One of those times when you send a private note and it goes to the world by
accident. A bit red-faced!  [?]

Here a bit of context: After our Global Conversation with Brene Brown last
November when Elaine Hansen (co-lead) and I were experimenting with
technology, I got a glimpse of what might be possible using Maestro
Technology and Open Space. Hearing people's live voices and hearing people
share in small groups and large groups as if they were sitting in a large
circle or having small group discussions from all over the world was quite
magical. Brian Burt and his team at Maestro were so helpful to us, the
newbies,  in making our big event a success. Brian and I stayed in touch.

I've always known that nothing compares to being face-to-face in Open Space
yet when it's not possible to meet that way, I wondered would there ever be
a way for people to be together, hearing each other in Open Space, after an
event or in place of an event.

Last Friday Brian (Founder and CEO had Maestro) sent me this note

"It's on our product roadmap to create a version of the Social Webinar
which is specifically geared for Open Space meetings.  I'd love to converge
a brainstorming session with people from the OS community on both the
interface, and the implementation of that.  Any thoughts on the timing and
best people to collaborate with, to make that happen?"

And that's what we talked about briefly at our Board meeting (OSI US)
yesterday...

Now the invitation is out there for everyone and anyone that has an
interest and how cool is that!  Seems a topic is being convened... a la
Open Space!

Suzanne