[OSList] My first OS

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Thu Apr 5 02:28:25 PDT 2012

Dear Maria Ann and Eva,
a long time ago I started  mentioning just the beginning time for break
out session. In addition, I mention in my introduction that groups might
be finished in 15 minutes or take the whole day for their issues... and
that they selforganize the break out spaces (negotiate with a group that
expects to meet in the space where a group is still present). It always
works and seems to be sufficient for the varying needs.
Using different time spans between starting times for the break out
sessions also works. Some are natural (like the sessions starting before
lunch and those after lunch... I expand the time spans to fit the lunch
buffet into it, which also has a "span").
Also, I have used shorter spans on Day one (typically, the first day is
often the afternoon and to have 3 beginning times means having a broader
choice), so its often just 60 minutes between starting times...the next
day it is then 90 minutes.

Hope you have many more "first" open space facilitations... I know that
after having facilitated 170 of them the 171st will be another first one.

Greetings from Berlin
mmp