[OSList] How to prepare to be surprised?

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Wed Apr 4 09:42:35 PDT 2012

Boo!

Did you expect that?

:-)

Being prepared to be surprised I think takes a mind that is open to
curiosity, listens deeply for the whispers of invitation and doesn't resist
when it is yanked in a direction it has no control over.

You could alos take a few improvisation classes.

Chris

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Harold Shinsato <harold at shinsato.com> wrote:

>  Searching through the archives there were many many postings about "be
> prepared to be surprised". But "How to be prepared to be surprised"
> returned 0.
>
> Any tips on how to prepare? It came up as a question today for me in
> conversation with someone - and I can't believe I've never thought about it
> before. How do you prepare to be surprised? Any thoughts, tips?
>
>     Thanks!
>     Harold
>
> --
> Harold Shinsato
> harold at shinsato.com
> http://shinsato.com
> twitter: @hajush <http://twitter.com/hajush>

---
CHRIS CORRIGAN
Facilitation - Training - Process Design
Open Space Technology

Site: http://www.chriscorrigan.com

*Upcoming workshops (click for invitations)*
*Art of Hosting Water dialogues <http://www.waterlution.org/aohwd>*
(for people involved with water issues)
April 13-15, 2012, Bowen Island BC, Canada

YET: the improv-based facilitation course you have always wanted to take!
September 2012, Bowen Island, BC, Canada
(email me for more information)