[OSList] Missoula BarCamp 2012 - Open Space with Lightning Keynotes

Harold Shinsato harold at shinsato.com
Wed Apr 11 10:18:28 PDT 2012

Dear OSList,

If any of you are in Montana this weekend, you'll receive a very
friendly welcome at the premier Montana Open Space event - Missoula
BarCamp. April 13-14. http://missoulabarcamp.org.

Inspired originally by O'Reilly's FooCamp and the spinoff BarCamp until
Kaliya Hamlin educated me about Open Space Technology. I eventually
learned OST was the pure lineage from which sprang BarCamp. So though we
use the BarCamp title, I launched it straight from the OST manual back
in 2008 after I took Lisa Heft's awesome training.

We're in our fifth year. It's a conversation between artists, techies,
and people who want to make the world better (change agents).

Inspired by the awesome work Peggy Holman has done with the Journalism
That Matters conferences - we start with warm up talks. We now call them
"Lightning Keynotes" so we can attract bigger names with giving them the
"bully pulpit" for a short time - and they usually stay and get involved
in the Open Space as well. We've partnered with IgniteMissoula - so we
also opened up for some community submitted 5 minute talks. I'm excited
that OSList member and fellow JTM-er Sono Hashisaki will be one of those
Lightning Keynotes.

This is our fifth year - and it's exciting to see it happening in a
beautiful facility - the Native American Center - a gorgeous new
building with a circular lobby that seems built for Open Space. The
University of Montana president will kick us off. I'm very much excited
- and deeply grateful to all the support I've received from this
community over the years.

http://missoulabarcamp.org

     Blessings!
     Harold