[OSList] Wonderful Manila

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Wed Apr 4 09:18:48 PDT 2012

Just back from Manila and a wonderful gathering of some 80 folks from all
over Asia - drawn together by a common interest in "The Future of Learning"
and Open Space. We were hosted by Sharon Chao and all the great people of
Seameo-Innotech. The conference lasted four days, with the first day devoted
to an "Introduction to Open Space" created by Gail West of Taiwan - with a
little help from yours truly. Then three days of truly deep and meaningful
conversations. In some ways it was an all-Asia OSONOS - but with a bonus
provided by the theme focused on learning. Seameo is a 17 nation education
resource center, and many of their members joined us, which explains the
theme and diversity of participants. A few had experienced Open Space, but
for most it was a first time occasion. The combination of "old timers" and
new folks all united by a common interest in learning was massively
powerful. It is true that I have never met an Open Space I didn't like - but
some just blow you away. And this was one of those. I felt honored and
privileged to be a participant. Sharon plans to put the proceedings online,
and I believe they will be public so you too can experience something of the
breadth and depth of the discussions. Congratulations to Sharon and all the
organizing team!

Harrison

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Dr.

Potomac, MD 20854

USA

189 Beaucaire Ave. (summer)

Camden, Maine 20854

Phone 301-365-2093

(summer)  207-763-3261

www.openspaceworld.com

www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of OSLIST
Go to:http://lists.openspacetech.org/listinfo.cgi/oslist-openspacetech.org