[OSList] four different issues on my personal OS agenda (PR + Fundraising, OS in Business Meetings, Success Stories and OS with Children)

Birgitt Williams birgitt at dalarinternational.com
Mon Sep 5 09:20:13 PDT 2011

Dear Claudia,

I wish to add in answer to question number 4 about children in OST. The
person who has done more work using OST with children than anyone else I
know is Chris Weaver who is currently a teacher in a public school in North
Carolina, USA. Chris has developed some very creative ways of using OST with
children. I cannot remember them, but I do remember that he found a way to
create  an agenda wall with people standing holding the topic, and then
children who wanted to attend the topic used wooden clothes pins with their
name on the pin and clipped the pin onto the topic they wanted to attend.
Chris ran a children's camp using OST in manners like this, for children to
choose the activities that they wanted to attend on a day. In that case, the
children did not generate the topics but they did choose from an interesting
agenda wall and use 'law of two feet'.  His email is
chrisweaver13 at charter.net. At one of our Genuine Contact program
international mentoring circles, Chris and some others discussed the topic
of children and youth, and I believe they created ongoing communications on
the topic amongst a small group, sharing some international perspectives
with Chris as the lead based on his many experiences from which they all
were enriched. I have a report of using OST in an Alternative School with
teenagers. It was a new school and the first three days of the school were
done as an OST meeting of the students, teachers, Board, Director,
Principal, and parents. If you wish this report please write to me off list
at birgitt at dalarinternational.com. I also have an interesting paper written
by my daughter Rachel when she was 21 about her life being raised in Open
Space. She posted that paper onto the OS list some eleven years ago, even
before I saw it she made it public. Whew. I was happy it was positive. If
you cannot find it in the archives, I can send you a copy of this too. She
now is raising her daughter (now almost 4) in Open Space, expanding more on
what I was able to do, to great effect. And this beloved granddaughter has
so far attended our Working with Open Space Technology workshops four times,
once in utero. As far as I am concerned she is a trained OST facilitator. I
wonder what she will do????

Blessings to all,

Birgitt