[OSList] Balloons? Indicating discussion areas

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Sun Sep 25 14:54:39 PDT 2011

Hi, Dan and others -
I am not locating your original message so please forgive the new title.

I've done Open Space for groups of 2000, 2500 and similar numbers -
and it's always worked very well to simply place a discussion area
sign down on the floor in the center of each discussion circle and to
post large signs ("A through M"  or  "50 through 75" on the walls -
like arena signs.  Just as in an arena - people find where they need
to go. If I think they need extra help I color-code 4 quadrants of the
room differently - but I don't know if this is needed. Pretty,
though.  Takes no time such as you'd need for filling up, labeling and
affixing balloons, and the materials are recyclable.  Just a thought,
Lisa

Open Space facilitators: I am going to WOSonOS in Chile this October.
Will you be joining us?
Facilitadores de Espacio Abierto: Voy a WOSonOS en Chile este mes de
octubre. ¿Va a unirse a nosotros?
http://www.wosonoschile.cl

Lisa Heft
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
Fellow, Columbia University Center for International Conflict Resolution
Opening Space
lisaheft at openingspace.net