[OSList] Fwd: WOSonOS UK 2012 Register online now!

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 17:11:11 PDT 2011

Phelim and the UK WOSonOS team,

I cannot commit yet but rest assured I will try to be there in 2013.  Having
just returned from Chile, I find myself still in the warm glow of my time in
South America.  Some moments are etched in my soul including the amazing
passing of the talking stick from Chile en route to the UK.  As this was
being mimed by Lisa Heft and Artur of Paris (native of Columbia), I felt the
spirit of Chile embedded in the talking stick morphing with the creativity
and welcome of the UK host team.

As happens often when in Open Space for two days or more, I reflect on the
magic of this simple and powerful process and all that it invites.  Serious
issues we face in the world today which require some serious opening of
space. Whether Occupy Wall Street and the growing movement around the world,
be it in companies or in communities, whatever space we are in, whatever
space we open and hold, may we be reminded of what Harrison tells us over
and over again which he again shared with me while in Chile:

"Open Space is ridiculously simple. Sit in a circle, create a bulletin
board, open a market place, and go to work. No self respecting group method
(large or small) could possibly be that simple! And it gets worse. It is not
entirely clear how or why it works. In fact it seems to work pretty much all
by itself and the less the facilitator does, the better it works."

What is perhaps less simple is doing my own internal work as a facilitator
so that I and others can have the fortitude to trust and let be knowing that
what emerges when participants discover the power of 5 principles and 1 law
is something beyond what anyone can imagine... Important to remember even
more so during these times of crises and opportunity.

So dear UK team as you prepare, don't work too hard, have fun as you do and
we will meet you gladly across the pond, the sea, an ocean or a few
continents!

Suzanne

Suzanne Daigle
NuFocus Strategic Group