[OSList] Why I Actually Like Calling it "The Law of Two Feet"

Graydancer graydancer at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 15:41:30 PDT 2011

For a couple of events I tried using "the Law of Mobility", but it never
quite had the resonance that "the Law of Two Feet" had (even with one
particular participant who only had one leg).

Then it was pointed out that, at least in some countries, "two feet" is a
unit of measurement. So..."...move yourself at least two feet in some
direction where you can contribute or benefit." Works for everyone!

And if someone asks why we're using antiquated measuring methods...well,
it's to commemorate the nationality of the person who gave us this version
of Open Space in the first place, of course, Harrison himself. :-)

Just my .02,

Gray