[OSList] the occupy wall street library

Brett Barndt barndtbrett at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 21:39:33 PDT 2011

anyone can go there and donate books...they seem to be using these
practices already pretty well, there are small groups deliberating
there all day every day...

the detailed stuff about our politics and how it works wrongly is
really important for them because this is where the wool is over all
our eyes...

Douglas Rushkoff's book "Life, Inc" was all over that library...and it
does a great job explaining the flaws in post-Renaissance Banking
systems...and the deleterious effects on societies and human
beings...this is the knowledge that needs to get out there right now
into our mass consciousness...

fortunately the publisher or somebody was giving away many
copies...seems Bertelsman wanted to get this story out...not so the
publishers taken over by News Corporation...

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 12:31 AM, Raffi Aftandelian
<raffi_1970 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> folks,
> when i read this new yorker piece about what's in the occupy wall street
> library, i wish it'd include other books...
> perhaps-
> Harrison's:
> Spirit: Transformation and Development in Organizations
> Practice of Peace
> Understanding Open Space (5 CD set)
> OST:  a user's guide
> birgitt williams's Genuine Contact Way (printout of the e-book???)
> atlee and zubizarreta's tao of democracy
> adam kahane's Love and Power: A Theory and Practice of Social Change
> Jim Rough's Society's Breakthrough
> Spiral Dynamics?
> Peter Block. Community: Structure of Belonging
>

> what else??
> how could we make this happen???
> much warmth,
> raffi
>
> powered by ubuntu 10.4

Seek first to understand, then be understood. Stephen Covey

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.
Martin Luther King, Jr.