[OSList] Occupy Resources from Tom Atlee

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 14:02:19 PDT 2011

Unbelievably I was in Rome Italy yesterday, marching with the predominantly
peaceful crowds, mostly young but many other age groups too. I was inspired
and regret that the coverage around the world focused on the isolated
incidents of violence. Today Sunday, I returned finding myself drawn to my
old journalist days interviewing people of all ages. Most are supportive of
what is happening and many were frustrated that a few anarchists (less than
1000 out of a crowd of 200,0000 according to the police) are the ones
garnering all the media attention. Today hope was in the air with tourists
throwing coins in the Trevi fountain and youth speaking passionately with
such wisdom about the need for a better future. In the end they say, this
movement is not political; it's about ethics!

The New York Times today had an article that spoke clearly of our 5th
principle: Wherever it happens is the right place.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/16/sunday-review/wall-street-protest-shows-power-of-place.html?hp

Suzanne

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Christine Whitney Sanchez <
christine at innovationpartners.com> wrote:

> Dear Open Space, Appreciative Inquiry and NCDD Friends,
>
> I posted our friend, Tom Atlee's compilation of Occupy Resourses on
> Facebook and thought you might want to also - http://tom-atlee.posterous.*
> *com/occupy-wall-street-what-**is-involved-in-making<http://tom-atlee.posterous.com/occupy-wall-street-what-is-involved-in-making>
> .
>
> I also enjoyed this video of how Occupy Wallstreet has self-organized so
> that everyone's voice can be heard on the way to developing consensus -
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?**v=6dtD8RnGaRQ<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dtD8RnGaRQ>
> .
>
> Occupy Phoenix attracted over 1,000 people who gathered in the center of
> our city yesterday.
>
> Feeling our global connection as we all hold the space for what is
> emerging,
>
> Warm wishes from a warm Phoenix afternoon,
> Christine
>
> Christine Whitney Sanchez, Partner
> Innovation Partners International
> 480.759.0262