[OSList] Fwd: Open Space at occupy vancouver

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Wed Oct 19 13:50:50 PDT 2011

Open Space at #OccupyVancouver.

Chris

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Corrigan <chris at chriscorrigan.com>
Date: Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 1:50 PM
Subject: Fwd: Open Space at occupy vancouver
To: OSLIST <oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu>

Open Space at #OccupyVancouver,

FYI

Chris

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: aja rose <chick_pee_garbonzo at yahoo.ca>
Date: Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 12:14 PM
Subject: Open Space at occupy vancouver
To: "chris at chriscorrigan.com" <chris at chriscorrigan.com>

Hi Chris -
I found your contact pretty easily on the interweb... we met at the
anti-stigma open space, I am the witchy one into herbal medicine etc.
I wanted to send this along to you, it's something I got up to this weekend.
Feel free to pass it along.
cheers!
AJA

Hello!

I just wanted to pass on some documentation on a project that was
implemented this weekend.

A small group of people circled up to talk after the first general assembly
on Oct 15. We all had a lot of thoughts and feelings which we shared in an
open conversation. What came about as a result, after a dinner together and
a day of work, is this:

A folding, free standing dry-erase bulletin board made of scavenged vinyl
sticker, wood, buckets, bamboo and fabric. Based on Open Space Technology
and adapted for this event, it includes some guidelines and a framework for
the initiation of various conversations and discussion groups, a map of the
2 blocks between Georgia, Nelson, Howe and Hornby streets and some suggested
meeting places. The back of this board is allocated to the general
organization and divided into categories of schedule, what is needed
(donations), and general announcements/messages/whatever.

Once it was built it was left in the area to be used in whatever way proved
most useful to the people there.

If you are interested in convening or attending a discussion at occupy
vancouver, this board is one way that it can be implemented.

See photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37353734@N04/sets/72157627807287935/show/

Thanks to all who contributed, with ideas, material, labour, questions,
encouragement and appreciation! May it prove useful!

--
---
CHRIS CORRIGAN

Site: http://www.chriscorrigan.com

*upcoming Art of Hosting retreats (click for invitations):*
Pembroke, Ont<http://berkana.org/berkana_events/art-of-hosting-pembroke-ontario-november-13-16-2011/>.
- November 13-16
Ottawa, Ont.<http://berkana.org/berkana_events/art-of-hosting-ottawa-november-17-18-2011/>-
November 17-18