[OSList] OST and funding crisis

Raffi Aftandelian raffi_1970 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 26 07:28:13 PST 2011

Lori-
I think Birgitt Williams's (nee Bolton) story of running a large social services nonprofit organization in Canada and regularly using Open Space Technology and Whole Person Process Facilitation within clear givens might be of interest to your client. The organization managed to thrive even in the face of budget cut. And the regular use of these approaches led to the creation/birth of a Conscious Open Space Organization (now called "the Genuine Contact Organization")

I don't have a link for the story. Birgitt, is there somewhere online where one can read the story now? I see that part of the story - with great context-setting- is available here:

http://lists.openspacetech.org/htdig.cgi/oslist-openspacetech.org/2001-January/002800.html

Also, I think you might find other examples of interest in the "Open Space Examples" document at openspaceworld.org:

http://openspaceworld.org/cgi/wiki.cgi?OpenSpaceExamples

Finally, I'll just repeat the off-repeated wisdom of others that you as a lurker may  have already heard:

You can cite examples of other OST applications to someone until the cows come home, at the end of the day until one has had an experience these stories may likely just sound like nice words. Kind of like walking endlessly around a swimming pool with someone who has never taken the plunge, explaining the benefits of swimming.

My two kopecks/rials.

appreciatively,
Raffi