[OSList] 답장: Re: Crossing borders -- Coming to the circle -- Update

Stanley Park spark.osk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 11:44:10 PST 2011

Carol, Tova and my OS friends,

My mind's eye sees millions of butterflies releasing hope to our brothers
and sisters there who are crossing borders of their inner world.

How sacred!!!

Grace & Peace,

spark

Director
Open Space Institute of Korea
http://openspace.kr

2011. 11. 10. 오전 4:10에 "Carol D.kas" <carol.dkas at gmail.com>님이 작성:

 Dear Harrison, Elizabeth, Spark, Christy, Anna and Tova: thanks much for
all your warm messages and support. It's a privilege for me to have the
opportunity to spread my message to you and all those who care about the
future of the peoples here or any people who live under conflict. I truly
feel touched by the powerful feedbacks and readiness to start acting and
making a difference on the ground.

Open Space has been my guide all these years thanks to Harrison, Tova and
Avner who showed me the way it works 10 years ago. I found it to be one of
the most powerful and insightful tools I ever used to facilitate meaningful
dialogues, to plan activities and to engage in deep work processes among
the conflicting groups. I don't write usually to the group to inform them
about the OS work here but be sure that OS is very popular now among the
many many groups and organizations I work with. In my TEDx talk I spoke
briefly about working with these groups but my main focus in was on to show
the way how people can move from talking to acting by brining live examples
from Israelis and Palestinians I work with. I focused on bringing their
experiences of crossing the emotional and physical borders which often
humans put to protect themselves from the other. I have brought my personal
story of crossing borders and knowing all the "other" who is different..

 As you all, practicing OS for the past 10 years have contributed
tremendously in my work with conflict groups, towards more understanding
and trusting the "other", to move from dialoguing  to the acting even in
the most unknown and unfamiliar situations, it helped me to support the
activists part in each one of the participants of these groups. There are
many examples and stories that I wish to write to you but for now I would
like to thank you all for the years of practice, of sharing your wisdom
with me and for making a difference. Thank you!

Carol