[OSList] Soliciting Open Space facilitation/organization "feedback"

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Wed May 25 14:25:43 PDT 2011

Harold - my distaste for evaluation "forms" is such that I couldn't even
contribute to the conversation. At least in printable language. But I have
found  and used one easy way. At the start of the Closing Circle I
acknowledge the organizational needs for some form of evaluation, being
careful to smile so that I am not taken too seriously. I then ask each
person to think of a single word ("fantastic," "disaster," whatever) which
captures the experience for them. I give them a moment's reflection and then
take the microphone around the circle as quickly as I can, asking each
person to shout out their word. No speeches, explanations. just the word.
Duplicates are welcome (they indicate clusters of feelings) and the range is
typically rather awesome. In very short order a fabric of meaning emerges
which requires no comment or elaboration. And then it is on to the Close. It
probably disappoints some of the Data-Hounds, but I have never had a serious
complaints. And of course the comments in the closing circle tend to fill in
the details.

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Dr.

Potomac, MD 20854

USA

Phone 301-365-2093

www.openspaceworld.com

www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of OSLIST
Go to: