[OSList] Question about largish open space

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Wed May 18 11:05:23 PDT 2011

Hi all -
I laugh when I say 'quick answers' and realize I wrote so much. I type
very quickly ;o)

So I omitted some words - my recommendation to not do any full-form OS
is specifically about that 1.5 hours that happens on Day 1 of the
conference.
I am recommending it be used for energizing the group by doing Opening
Circle / agenda co-creation, and taking enough time for that
explanation, invitation and process.
It's not ideal but I have done it in conferences when I could not get
continuous-right-into-OS-sessions time that day on the program - and
folks showed up to the OS ready to work on their sessions, with just a
quick reminder of principles and law (or a full-on opening circle if
there are a lot of new people).

Cheers,
Lisa