[OSList] Beware of this invitation

Kári Gunnarsson kari at lambhus.is
Mon May 16 14:02:26 PDT 2011

Hello Suzanne, Mala, Donna, Nici and the other Open Spacers

It appears to me that Quepasa.com is a valid social networking and
dating site with normal aggressive marketing. One of the services that
they offer is to automatically send out emails to all your contacts in
your contact list if you agree, a service also offered by other social
networking tool like facebook and skype.

You can read more about it here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quepasa

Also, siteadvisor.com has no big problems with this networking tool
http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/quepasa.com

I also have heard about a virus that is pretending to be a message
from a networking site like QuepPasa, LinkedIn or FaceBook to trick
your trust, then infects the computer. It is a good idea to keep a
copy of your work in a save place if the computer is compromised.
These days I like to use dropbox.com to keep copies of my working
files.

Kári