[OSList] Beware of this invitation

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Sat May 14 07:44:02 PDT 2011

Well, I've just spent the past hour sending everyone I know an email in case
they fall into the same trap too. I went to this site and tried to
deactivate my account; it does not recognize the password I had used nor
does it respond to allow me to set up a new password so I could cancel this
account.

Amazing to get caught like this and to know that everyone I know is
receiving an email from my business and gmail accounts.

Funny how I can be so philosophical about chaos as we learn to live in Open
Space and then feel out of control and mad as heck.... :-}   when something
like this happens!

When people get into your email address book like that, feels so invasive as
if someone in cyberspace is lurking in your computer. Any advice from my
techie friends, most welcome...

Oh well as they say in French:  "C'est la vie!"

Suzanne

2011/5/14 Kári Gunnarsson <kari at lambhus.is>

> I also fell into the Quepasa.com trap
>
> I did not like it.
>
> On 14 May 2011 13:16, Suzanne Daigle <sdaigle4 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This morning I received an email titled:  FW: I added you as a friend on
> > Quepasa.com from a colleague and friend in the OS community. Because he
> is
> > such a dear friend, I did not think twice and pressed accept. If you get
> > this note, PLEASE do not accept as you'll regret what starts coming in
> your
> > inbox.
> >
> > Suzanne
> > --