[OSList] Open Space Institute US - Face to Face Meeting in Florida

Alan Stewart alan at multimindsolutions.com
Mon May 16 17:55:25 PDT 2011

Dear Suzanne and Fellow Spaceniks

This item on potentially different futures for the USA may be relevant to
what you see as ‘a big issue’ of our times:

A Fork in the Road: Where the U.S. Goes From Here
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/a_fork_in_the_road_where_the_us_goes_from_here_20110503/

Seeing this reminded me of Suzanne’s comment in this first report of the
proceedings of the meeting of members of the board of OSI US held in her
home city in Florida last month.

*“…Open Space, a simple process with much to offer in addressing the big
issues that we face in the world today.”*

Is taking action to assist in bringing ‘Door 1’ into being the kind of ‘big
issue’ which may be addressed by invoking OST? Could it be that
practitioners of this process, based in the US, have a role to play in
enabling the citizens of that great country to recognize the merits of
Option 1 and to do what is required to make it happen?

On the premise that:

In our globalized world, everybody is fast becoming our neighbor.
To be treated well.

As we here appreciate, a culture informed by OST principles and practice
promotes mutual respect and brings out the best in people. Could providing
such an experience for decision makers at all levels of politics in the US
be instrumental in fostering a culture of mutual respect throughout our
little planet, 3rd from the sun?

Go well

Alan Stewart

Recently returned from Hong Kong to live Adelaide, South Australia