WOSonOS 2012 our next OS gathering

Phelim McDermott phelim at mac.com
Thu Mar 10 11:31:29 PST 2011

Dear open space friends,

AS Lisa Heft mentions below. "WOSonOS 2012" will be taking place in the UK.  As part of our creation of the core team and connecting to interested spirited parties we are having a series of open space events before we knuckle down to the hardcore planning of our event. These are to harvest ideas, start creating UK "community spirit glue" and to find out who's out there using and interested in open space we don't even know about. So here's another chance to come meet us, support and get involved. At our first OS we put out the call for anyone interested anywhere in the UK to play host to our next gathering.  After that event Liz Martins of "Constellations and Open Space Partnership" has stepped up and offered to co-host our next gathering with us at Improbable. She will be opening the space with her colleague Vivian Broughton on May 7/8th in Bristol. So here is the invitation. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Best wishes

Phelim McDermott

Here's the online link to it with the full details please do pass it on.

http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=a5189ca3fc76859d6e74c21e3&id=28fd10d59e&e=68b9dddaac

heres the invite

WOSonOS 2012: Do you want to be part of making it happen?

Saturday 7 May 11am – 6pm & Sunday 8 May 10am – 1pm
Odd Fellows Hall, Bristol (Full details below)

Are you interested in Open Space Technology? Do you want to share and extend your Open Space skills?
Would you like to connect to people in the UK and worldwide who are using Open Space in many different ways?
Do you want to join a community of people who are working towards the World Open Space on Open Space (WOSonOS) in the UK in 2012?

What is WOSonOS?
WOSonOS is an unparalleled international gathering of Open Space practitioners who come together to share their wisdom and experience around group practice and self organisation.
It takes place once a year, each time in a different country in the world. 2012 will be the event’s 20th anniversary and the first time it will ever have taken place in the UK.

What is this event? Over the coming months Improbable, in collaboration with other people and organisations around the UK, will be holding a series of Open Space events to create a vision for WOSonOS 2012 and make decisions about how to implement that vision. We held our first of these last November in London. There was a great turn out and many enthusiastic discussions began.

Whether you attended this and want to come back for more, or whether this will be your first ever experience of Open Space, you are equally welcome to come to Bristol on May 7th and 8th for this next event.
As well as being the vehicle for planning WOSonOS these events are an opportunity for different people to gather and build a UK OS community of practitioners and participants, interested in forming a generous space in which to share ideas and learn from and support each other.

Many diverse people who work with OS come to WOSonOS with an attitude of generosity – sharing stories, swapping skills and creating new ideas and projects. If you are interested in being part of and contributing to the creation of this event please come to our next Open space in Bristol!

Hope to see you there,

Phelim McDermott of Improbable (@openspacer)
Liz Martins & Vivian Broughton of Constellations Open Space Partnership
Jon Harvey of Jon Harvey Associates (@jonsharvey)

DETAILS