Open Space Learning Workshops 2011

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Wed Mar 2 14:24:16 PST 2011

Hello, my OSLIST colleagues - My thanks to those of you who have been
patiently waiting for me to set my 2011 workshop calendar.  Do contact
me for more information on content, schedule and pricing overview. And
thank you in advance for sharing the word about these upcoming
workshops with anyone you feel may be interested - through email,
tweets, other social networks, or face-to-face over a good beverage
with your friends, clients and colleagues. May this message find you
well and may your work be rich with learning and discovery... - Lisa

- - - -

Join us - register now - for the
Open Space Learning Workshops
For people of all levels of experience

May 4-6, 2011 - San Francisco, California USA
June 2011 - Buenos Aires, Argentina and Santiago, Chile (en español)
October 17 and 18, 2011 - Santiago, Chile (en español - a pre-
conference workshop for the World Open Space on Open Space 2011 in
Chile)
December 14-16, 2011 - San Francisco, California, USA

Facilitated by Lisa Heft
Fellow, Columbia University's Center for International Conflict
Resolution
Adjunct Faculty, Sonoma State University Organization Development
Program

- - - -

Open Space is a dialogic method where one facilitator can convene from
ten to 2000+ participants for dynamic, participant-driven dialogue.
OS can be used for bringing together an entire company to highlight
emergent issues and opportunities before strategic planning,
generating ideas for product or program design, sharing resources and
best practices, understanding each other across cultures, sharing
knowledge across disciplines, conflict transformation, exchanging
thought and experience about complex situations, and engaging groups
from small to large in seeing a full-systems perspective for their
opportunities or issues.  The facilitator's role in OS is very
different than for other dialogic methods - participants facilitate
their own discussions, documentation and noting of linkages and common
threads.

You may have heard of Open Space or participated in something called
Open Space or 'an unconference' and wondered why it did not work - or
whether it was really this complete and effective form.
Or you may have experienced something that sparked your interest as
you watched a group self-organize in a highly productive process - and
wondered if it was this thing called Open Space.

Join me for 2.5 days of mutual exploration as we share learning in and
about Open Space.  Together you will discuss and create a theme for an
Open Space meeting, explore issues and opportunities in your own work
with groups, experience an Open Space, and really delve into all those
elements of pre-work that are essential to the success of an Open
Space event.

Everything from developing a theme to exploring invitation and
outreach, design, planning, materials, variations, adaptations for
cultural differences (for example in a non-readers environment or in a
situation with power dynamics), how the site, food and other elements
impact or enhance an Open Space event, how to include action planning
if needed, 'what-ifs', 'when not to's', documentation, ideas for the
sustainability of ideas, relationships and actions post-event, and more.

Pricing - as always - is flexible - custom tailored to what you as an
individual can contribute and afford.

For more information on content, schedule and pricing overview and to
register,
Contact me directly at
lisaheft at openingspace.net

I look forward to learning with and from you,

Lisa

Lisa Heft
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
Opening Space