[OSList] Open Space Learning Workshops / Talleres de Aprendizaje sobre la Tecnología de Espacio Abierto

JL Walker jlwalker at terra.cl
Sun Jun 12 19:39:49 PDT 2011

Dear all:

One of the things Lisa didn’t mention was a closed-to-the-public workshop
she facilitated during the past three days in Santiago with 65 students of
the Organizational Development Master’s Program at Diego Portales
University, and practically all members of the CHOSonOS Team took part in
it.

This fact marks a milestone as the first systematic training in Latin
America for the facilitation of Open Space, and allows us to enlarge our
local network of facilitators from 25 to 90 persons. This figure will not
only continue to grow locally in Chile, but also with what she will do in
the months of July and August along with our dear Argentinean brothers,
Martín Castro and Cecilia Soriano, the flamboyant new CHOSonOS Team members,
who will also multiply in a meaningful way throughout the region our network
of Open Space facilitators.

My fabulous Lisa and beloved fairy godmother, with all her magnificent
abilities and incomparable attitude of love and service, has also dazzled
and touched everyone with her great human strength that has allowed the
program to go forward.

At this time, we have been informed her mother has just passed and have had
the blessed opportunity of sharing this grief with her. Lisa stands tall and
strong even though the pain is there, because she knew this might happen
(her mother was critically ill), had been at her mother and father's side
through her mother's illness and this recent change in her mother's health.
She and her father had spoken about this and both felt that her mother would
want her to be here doing what she loves.

She told us before leaving to join us here in Chile that she knew that all
this could happen and that her father and sister supported her on this
decision. They are all in close contact. And that she would continue with
the next workshop this Monday at the Adolfo Ibañez University, even if this
situation were to happen.

So, I hope that the pain of this grief, with the loving support of this
incredible worldwide community will let us strengthen our commitment and
growth for what seems to be the most passionate cause, with Lisa embedded in
our hearts.

What a great transformation and growing of faith, brotherhood and gratitude
is the one we are all feeling here right now!

Hugs,

Juan Luis Walker