[OSList] FW: Welcome to the 5th principle in order to remain 4

Bernhard Weber weberb at gmx.at
Wed Jun 8 11:23:12 PDT 2011

Boy/Girl: This multi-logue brings us around. Apart from the fact that the inseparability of time-space was a fundamental understanding of our world that Einstein brought to us I just notice  that the GENIUS LOCI is something I try to connect with wherever I do a Workshop. And that seems to be connected with this discussion of the 5th principle. For the old romans GENIUS LOCI  was the protective spirit of A PLACE. And Wikipedia writes "In contemporary usage, genius loci usually refers to a location's distinctive atmosphere, or a "spirit of place", rather than necessarily a guardian spirit."

For the participants of my Workshop "Playing with the Waves (of Change) that will start tomorrow I sent an email under the title Genius Loci & Genius Tempus Selcuk Ephesos

and I copy it into this email since I can imagine that some of you might be interested in how the pre-ws-connecting with the genius loci might be done: And I just notice when re-reading it: what some Sufis called the "real master" (= THE WHOLE of a SITUATION = (a very specific) TIME & SPACE & People and Objects and Processes .....

Bernd
Hi
if you are eager to have more "strange inputs" before coming to SELCUK for the Learning Workshop, read this, otherwise ignore it.

To get a pre-WS glimpse at the Spirit of the place you might want to google around:
1, The House of the Virgin Mary (Turkish: Meryemana or Meryem Ana Evi, "Mother Mary's House") is a Christian and Muslim shrine located on Mt. Koressos (Turkish: Bülbüldağı, "Mount Nightingale") in the vicinity of Ephesus, 7 kilometres (4.3 mi) from Selçuk in Turkey.
starting with: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_the_Virgin_Mary
continuing with a look at the pictures www.photaki.de/picture-haus-der-jungfrau-maria-meryemana-selcuk_442689.htm
So you can decide whether it is worth going to that place during your time here or not

2. another interesting list of research strings might be "Sheyk Bedreddin", "Sheich Bedreddin" "Sheik Bedreddin" or "Sheikh Bedreddin" or "Bedreddin Movement" and or "Dede Sultan" (perhaps excluding documents from the last 5 years to not get facebook accounts of newly self-appointed Dede Sultans) ((Dede means Grandfather and is a honorary title fo ror "Börklüce Mustafa" (= Mustafa with the cap) the radical follower of Sheikh Bedreddin who was the leader of this spiritual-leftist rebellion in the early 15th century in Selcuk. Or "Torlak Kemal" the third most important person of the Bedreddin movement. He was also captured by the sultans troups and killed 1419.
As I wrote in an earlier email I went into a small old stone building about 3 minutes from the Hupfauers Main house and felt like meditating there. Later they told me that it is said that the remains of Börklüce Mustafa alias Dede Sultan rest in one of the two Sarkophags there. So maybe the Genius loci is something that can be felt.

3. "Sufi" or "Sufism" the mysthic stream of Islam. The Sufis are also called Derwishs. Famous for their trance technique is their circular dance and a very special music. Their trainings methodology was always very modern because they integrate "the whole situation" into the training. This "Whole Situation", nicely utilized by the Sufi master, is the "real master" as they say. Since the group of students is an essential part of "the whole situation", their didactics was using the laws of group-dynamics long before this word or concept existed in the western sphere (Kurt Lewin discovered "group dynamics" there).

4. For the "genius tempus" (the spirit of the moment/period look for Pentecost, Whitsunday,
starting with http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pfingsten (for the German readers),
It is all about "pouring out" and "effusing" (flux metaphors) the Holy Ghost, about Illumination, Zen-Buddhist would call it SATORI, about multi-lingual communication and understanding (the Pentecost Miracle). The "simple folks" in many countries practice a lot of rituals around this time that go probably back to the pre-christian era or even to stoneage shamanic rituals.

5. If you prefer a "rational approach" see all this just as triggers for starting rich metaphoric thinking to get more effectivity during our 4 days of f2f-Training

Bernd Weber
> Change Facilitation s.r.o., A Global Partner Who Makes Change Happen in Complex Environments; www.change-facilitation.com, www.change-management-toolbook.com bernd.weber at change-facilitation.org; (iPhone Austria: +43 664 135 4828, landline + 431 5968657); Sri Lanka landline +94 11 2785859, iPhone Sri Lanka: +94 777740757,

NEW: Intensive Learning Workshop
"Playing with the Waves of Change"
www.change-facilitation.com/

You want to have the design  for a "Playing with the Waves (of Change) WS 2 completely taylor-made according to your individual learning interests & needs & limitations? Then have a look to the questionnaire at
www.surveymonkey.com/s/5ZDS6JQ

If you get Email from my account <bernd.weber at change-facilitation.org> please do not use the reply button but answer to <weberb at gmx.at>, because my change-facilitation.org INBOX is not working for the time being.