[OSList] Post OST Learning Workshop

Bhavesh Patel bhavmail at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 00:37:38 PDT 2011

Dear Friends,

The OST Learning Workshop that I ran went very well, attached is the overall
timetable and I am happy to provide more materials to those who need them.

29 showed up from corporate and civil society, some quite seasoned
consultant facilitator trainer types. This created a rich diversity of
experiences.

I attempted to use a lot of participatory processes to encourage
self-organisation and self-learning during the workshop, and respected the
law and principles and it seemed to work. I also used audio, video, slides,
reflection, work in small groups, etc.

A deep sense of appreciation emerged at the end of the workshop about how
OST creates conditions for a very different way of "being together", and one
that is actually part of us, buried in there somewhere.

Many made good connections during the workshop, and spoke of creating a
learning/practice community that may start monthly stammtischs, OSonOS in
Malaysia, and maybe even host a WONonOS one of these days, who knows,
whatever will happen at the right and place.

My main intention was to pass OST on as best I could before I head back to
Europe next month.

Anyway I wanted to say a MASSIVE THANKS to all of you on this loop as
everything I did was standing on the shoulders of all of you......hmmmmmm,
not the best metaphor, how about cradled in the arms of this loop.......

With Respect, Bhav......