[OSList] Looking for earliest reference to term [Holding the Space]

Jeff Aitken magic.teams at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 19 13:25:08 PDT 2011

Dan,
I remember the phrase around 1990-1992 in the context of small group facilitation (not necessarily Open Space facilitation, though we were using Open Space in our graduate program in organization development and transformation.)
Harrison's Users Guide may be the first published reference, but I'm also looking through some old Quaker activist facilitation manuals (does anyone else remember the "vibes watcher" role in consensus meetings?)
Best wishes
Jeff Aitken