OS & Open Conferences

ANNE BENNETT anne.bennett8ac at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 10 04:18:37 PST 2011

Hi Jon

I have indeed made fast and loose with OS form and process in such events - I
appreciated greatly Lisa's skillful and instinctive list of key design and
decision issues recently in response to the US+ 50 events extravaganza. I would
add one of my typically esoteric points, which is about finding a way to be
explicit about facsimile engagement which colludes with the starting nervousness
and self-limits the experience and conclusions/perceptions of what OS is
about...I feel it really is better to say "of course this is not the real
thing/we are not doing the real thing because ...." and as one can expect a
belated "but we could hack that/why did you under estimate us?" I embolden
myself earlier on to push against the timorous prologue with the client....

Anne M Bennett

Champion Hill
London