OS at May 2011 Local OpenGov Innovation Summits

Lucas Cioffi lucas at athenabridge.org
Sun Jan 9 10:23:32 PST 2011

Hi Lisa,

We will highly recommend OS to local orgabizing team leaders, and they
are free to choose a different method.

We chose OS for our the Opengov Community Summits at the federal level
in 2010, because we found it to be most appropriate for meeting our
objectives which were the following:
1. Allow government officials to learn about public engagement by
experiencing a participatory process.
2. Create space for opengov advocates in the public and private
sectors to learn from each other.
3. Grow the federal opengov community.

I expect that local organizing teams will have very similar
objectives, but I also look forward to being surprised!  Any and all
suggestions in this area are very welcome.

Lucas
917-528-1831