[OSList] FW: Thank You Harrison!

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 00:00:48 PST 2011

Dear Judy, my heart sings for you!

I remember in Orillia Ontario at the wonderful Open Space that Larry
Peterson and a team hosted and organized.  The theme: "Explore Wave Rider
with Harrison Owen...Unleashing leadership in ourselves and others".
Harrison was there and a group of 25-30 others. It was magical!

The threat of sars almost cancelled the event. It was November 2009 -- 2
years ago. You were considering the public utilities job then.  From the
time you joined, I remember you sharing how you hoped an Open Space could
happen.

Two years later...it did! You deserve glory and so much more for keeping
the light alive inside you to make this happen. Union and management and
executives...what a coup! Speaks to the truth of "whenever it happens is
the right time"!    May space continue to open in this 100-year utility,
may the wins multiply and may the future be bright for you and others.
Bravo Judy!

Suzanne

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 8:51 PM, Judy Gast <jgast at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> I  just finished facilitating a two day OS event with 75 field supervisors
> and other stakeholders around the theme of “Keeping the Lights on” (100
> year old large public utility).   Many of the participants were 30 year
> veteran union employees.    Many participants were amazed with this “new”
> process (even though I told the tale of Harrison discovering it 25 years
> ago…).   The executives were thrilled as people worked together and came up
> with more ideas (including many quick wins where they will just do it) to
> ‘keep the lights on’ in two days, than had surfaced previously, through
> many, many meetings, focus groups, and surveys.  And with the exception of
> the fact that the union guys posted half of the topics… there were no union
> “issues” (my boss is still amazed).****
>
> ** **
>
> And I got the glory …. well, with the request for more such events at
> least I get to stay employed. ****
>
> ** **
>
> Happy Belated Birthday Harrison.  And Thanks for ‘discovering’ Open Space.
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> Judy****

Suzanne Daigle