[OSList] the Conscious Open Space Organization revisited and renamed

Birgitt Williams birgitt at dalarinternational.com
Fri Aug 19 19:56:33 PDT 2011

Dear Artur,

Thank you for reading so carefully my reporting out of my ongoing experiment with Open Space Technology and organizational design/life… and of course your thoughtful comments. On my path with this, which is not the only one of course, I continue to be excited by what we are learning. Basically, I am having a grand adventure with this experimenting and there are extraordinary leaders who are in the same boat with me.

I believe that all organizations are Open Space Organizations, even if Spirit is hiding in what appears to be a closed system. If this were not the case, an Open Space Technology meeting would not work. And we all know that the good news is that OST works…every time. OST does not create something new in an organization…it simply creates an opening like a window, to see what is already present. I think in terms of the ‘remembering organization’ rather than ‘self organizing system’ as I believe we know so much more than we currently have conscious access to. I find this to be a useful story and it is a grand way to approach my consulting work to achieve extraordinary results. I am pretty big on ‘conscious’ awareness of something as great as the fact that the organization under all of it’s stuff, is really an Open Space Organization.

And yes, dear Artur, I am aware that we have different points of view on this. I hope the one you are having is as much of an adventure as the one I am working with. And over time, we can share some stories, and both of us will be richer for it.

Warmly,

Birgitt