[OSList] The Gentle Art of Doing Nothing -- a continuing saga

Brendan McKeague mckeaguebrendan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 18:52:03 PDT 2011

Fascinating story....I like 'shaggy dogs'

Early this morning I read this little piece by John O'Donohue (To Bless the Space Between Us) which touched my heart and gave a fresh new meaning of invisibility to me...

"Fixated on the visible, we forget that the decisive presence in our lives - soul, mind, thought, love meaning, time and life itself - are all invisible.
No surgeon has ever opened a brain to discover crevices full of thoughts. And yet our thought determines who we think we are, who we think others are, and how we consider the world to be. We are not the masters of our own reality; granted we do choose the lenses through which we see the world, yet the shape and colour of these lenses are offered to us from the primal benevolence of the unseen world. Everything that is here has had its origins there. The invisible is the parent of the visible."

In other words, long live the leprechauns!

Cheers
Brendan
(from a crispy winter's morning in the South West of Australia)