[OSList] Just wondering how "Filter Bubbles" affect Self-organization . . .

Barry Owen barryo at comcast.net
Sun Aug 21 08:41:38 PDT 2011

This is the TED video that got me thinking:

*Eli Pariser: Beware online "filter bubbles"* <http://youtu.be/B8ofWFx525s>

I blogged about it here:

You don't get to decide what you
see<http://www.paretorealtyllc.com/pareto-realty/you-dont-get-to-decide-what-you-see/>

and I added this question to the Open Space Technology Facebook page:

"Stumbled across this TED video and got me wondering about how it might
apply to (affect) self-organizing . . . OST? To what degree does this
filtering impact the "conditions" (Importance/Urgency, need for fast
resolution, diversity of people, potential for conflict, real defined issues
or opportunities)?"

At which point, I realized that I didn't want to filter who saw it so I post
it here also :-)

Whatcha think?

Woke up to some awesome thunderstorm,s in Nashville this morn

Best,