SV: Virtual leadership

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Mon Sep 27 09:38:28 PDT 2010

Hi Blake

Since some years I have, together with various collegues especially in the
Genuine Contact community, developed ways to facilitate meetings online.
I’ve started to use it with clients and we have also done some trainings.
The feedback is overwhelming and things are starting to move in very
interesting ways.

The facilitation I do is based on the method Whole Person Process
Facilitation which I view as a cousin to OST. We’ve found ways to use it in
an online environment. So we use the circle, talking stick, break-out rooms,
whiteboards, facilitate learning by using different tools and techniques
(much of what is being used in physical meetings can be “translated”). I
always do as much as possible to create selfmanaged sessions – and it works
really well.

The technology I use is for example Microsoft Live Meeting, Adobe Connect or
other similar technology (webex or you name it).

You’re welcome to get in touch with me if you are interested to learn more.
I have developed a 2 page description sharing the basics – but so far it’s
only in Swedish. We are in the process of translating it though.

Warm regards

Thomas Herrmann