PRE-INVITATION IXX WOSonOS CHILE 2011

JL Walker B. jlwalker at TERRA.CL
Thu Sep 9 11:16:33 PDT 2010

(Let see if this second intent don't goes with graphic errors. Sorry but
we are expecting learning how to manage this ingrate issue of post with
quality to the OSLIST.)

Dear OPEN SPACE COMMUNITY,

The Chilean community greets you and wishes to share with you some of the
work we have been able to accomplish towards our yearly encounter WOSonOS
Chile 2011.

There are 18 people in Chile who facilitate and have some kind of
experience with Open Space Technology. Many of them are motivated to
participate in next year's event. Among those 19, there are 7 of us who
have been working and acting with passion and responsibility as the host
team. Last Friday we celebrated a month of getting together to design and
just a child we have become strong and robust in the process.

Some of the things we have been working on are: creating a mailing list
for this team called CHOSonOS (Chile Open Space on Open Space); we have
also evaluated defferent places as sites for our encounter - this has been
an interesting point and the conversations has gone from having an "urban
meeting" - downtown Santiago where the participants would have to find
accommodation with our help or a "residential one" - at a nearby town
outside of the city center where we would be together. Our challenge is to
choose the best possible option balancing price and quality so as to have
an attractive and numerous WOSonOS.

While we finalize our invitation, which will be posted on our webpage in
the near future, we would like to share some of our work up to now:

EVENTS NAME: IXX WOSonOS Chile 2011

DATES: October 19TH through 22ND 2011

HOST TEAM: Jorge Amigo, Laura Matamala; Virginia Molina; Claudia Raffo;
Pilar Torres; Pablo Villoch and Juan Luis Walker.

OTHER COLLABORATORS: Juana Anguita; Johann Borquez; Marco Fernandez;
Isabel de la Maza; Alvaro Ramirez; Isabel Rodriguez; Fernando Rouliez;
Sergio Spoerer and Carlos Vignolo.

PURPOSE STATEMENT: Fully aware of the relevance of having for the first
time in Latin America and Chile this yearly event, we strongly believe in
its influence on institutions, organizations - public and private -
regional communities and realize this will be the plataform to enlarge our
local and regional network of facilitators will contribute to democratic
and highly participative processes which are at the bases of an effective
development of countries in these latitudes.

We hope to have you as active participants in our first ever Latin
American WOSonOS 2011.

The Chilean Host team WOSonOS Chile 2011.

On a very special note we would like to express our gratitude to Lisa
Heft, Veronique Santos; Artur Silva and Gail West for all their support
and the information they have shared for the improvement and creation of
this invitation. We make this extensive to other members of this beautiful
community. They have shared their wisdom and experience as hosts of
previous WOSonOS, we appreciate their suggestions and generosity. To
Shufang Tsai for sending the web archives from Taiwn's experience, to
Karen Davis for being the first person from whom many of us learned about
Open Space and also to Mia Konstantinidou & Michael Pannwitz (jr.) without
whose warm welcome and first steps in Berlin none of this would have been
possible.