Looking for recommendations on OPEN SPACE venues in Washington

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 17:16:54 PDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

In early August, I had posted a topic asking about folks who had hosted Open
Space events with the scientific community.  Received wonderful feedback,
comments, links, etc.  (see attached for those who are interested)
https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#search/scientists/12a43584cdab69f7. So
helpful and so appreciated.

Well now a month later, the Sponsor, who is from San Francisco,  and others
on her team have decided to move forward with an OPEN SPACE in Washington DC
on October 24th and 25th.

The topic:
SHIFTING THE EFFORT/REWARD RATIO in SCIENCE
“Applying Organizational Change Strategies from other Sectors and Industries
To Create a New Path for How We Do Science”

Our event will coincide with  the Inaugural USA Science & Engineering
Festival that will be held on the National Mall and surrounding areas, like
Freedom Plaza off Pennsylvania Avenue, a grassroots effort that will be
attracting hundreds of companies. scientific groups and the general public
with a huge focus on youth.

Now here's where I'm looking for help from anyone in the Washington area.
Operating on a minimal budget we're looking for a place to host about 75
people over a 2-day period, 1.5 of which will be in Open Space.  We've been
in touch with a few places located near metro stations and most importantly
close to the festival activities but the space we've been looking at is not
ideal.

I'm sending an appeal just in case someone out there has great contacts and
ideas to add to our own for a venue that  meets our typical OS requirements
plus proximity to metro and the National Mall.

Hugely appreciative for any suggestions,
Suzanne

--
Suzanne Daigle
NuFocus Strategic Group