Reminder: Sept 18 EARTHDANCE global moment for world peace

Patricia Haines levelgreen2010 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 07:14:32 PDT 2010

You may already know that this coming Saturday, September 18th, as part of
Peace Week, folks around the world are invited to take a moment at exactly
the same time - 7 pm Eastern/US - to share a prayer (below) for world peace.
Or send out an intention for peace - whatever you wish. And then DANCE - for
solidarity and the possibility of world community.

You can do this alone, with friends - or at community gatherings around the
globe. 60 countries participated last year - you can find this year's
gatherings at <earthdance.org>

For a taste, here's what's happening in Ithaca, NY:

*Earthdance 2010 to Benefit Namgyal Monastary *

On Saturday, September 18th, people all over the world, will gather at
exactly the same moment – 7 pm in Ithaca, midnight in London, sunrise over
the Himalayas – to envision world peace with a brief interfaith prayer (see
below). And then DANCE, for solidarity, and for the possibility of world
community.

Ithacans of all ages are invited to be part of the global moment in whatever
way they wish, alone, with friends and family - or at a family-friendly,
picnic-style community gathering, EARTHDANCE ITHACA, taking place from 5-11
pm on Saturday, September 18th at Sheela Kingsbury’s Tea Garden in Danby
(133 Jersey Hill Road, just off West King Road).

Co-sponsored by Congo Square, the Tea Garden, Vitamin L and the Level Green
Institute, the evening will feature chanting with the Monks of Namgyal and
the Sufi Dances of Universal Peace, who will lead the 7 pm prayer.

Also gracing the gathering will be choral contributions from Vitamin L; the
inaugural performance of *Rock Garden,* by the yoga-based Pranadhanas (see
below), to bless Kingsbury’s new Peace Garden; on-going drumming around the
fire with the One Heart Community Drummers – and the dancing magic of
Aryurveda and Thousands of One.

The evening will end with a Making Music Together Jam, so everyone is
invited to bring instruments, drums and voices.

Earthdance Ithaca 2010 is free and open to the public, but a donation of $10
per person, $15 per family is requested.  All proceeds beyond expenses will
go to the Namgyal Monastary building fund, featured recently in Tompkins
Weekly.

Community activist, peace and justice groups are invited to bring hand-out
materials for an information table. Namgyal will also have a display table
with items for sale.

*Questions, ideas, volunteer <earthdanceithaca at gmail.com>. Further
information about the Global Earthdance Festival <earthdance.org>*

*Regret for Date Conflict:  *We also very much regret the confluence of
dates with Yom Kippur. The date was set by the national organization. We
have protested; if you wish to add your voice, so they are more careful next
year, contact <earthdance.org>

**

*SEE BELOW FOR: Program Schedule, Global Moment Prayer, Pranadhana
Information, Performer contact information*

*Program Outline:  **Join us - picnic-style (byo*) - 5:00-11:00 pm for*

On-going: One Heart Community Drummers, Fire Circle

5:00   *Ayurveda*

6:15   Dances of Universal Peace

6:50   Vitamin L Chorus

7:00   the GLOBAL MOMENT, a Call for Peace

Global Prayer and Namgyal chanting for peace

7:15   Blessing the Peace Garden, a community dance led by the Pranadhanas

(all are invited to bring a special stone to contribute to the Tea Garden’s
new Peace Garden, augmenting a statue donated by Cayuga Landscape and a gift
from the Dalai Lama)

8:00   Thousands of One

10:00  Making Music Together JAM - bring drums, instruments, and voices!

* *byo chairs and picnic, a la Summer Saturdays at Taughannock Park*

*Global Prayer for Peace*

  *"We are one global family*
*All colors, All races*
*One world united.*
*We dance for peace and the healing of our planet Earth*
*Peace for all nations.*
*Peace for our communities.*
*And peace within ourselves.*

*As we join all dance floors across the world,*
*let us connect heart to heart.*
*Through our diversity we recognize Unity.*
*Through our compassion we recognize Peace.*
*Our love is the power to transform our world*
*Let us send it out*
*NOW...*