Juan Luis goes to the Open Space Learning Workshop in December

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Mon Oct 18 08:37:47 PDT 2010

Juan Luis -

Dreams become realities as we name them and lend our energies towards
them, no?

The miners did not just dream to survive - they planned, coordinated,
believed, and worked together, and kept faith.

To my OSLIST colleagues - If any of you wish to donate funds to help
Juan Luis and ... who knows ... possibly some other Chilean Host Team
members ... come to this December workshop - to further grow their
capacity and skills as they grow more OS in South America and prepare
for the WOSonOS (World Open Space on Open Space - our annual
international OS facilitator / learner / enthusiast conference) ....

	I welcome you to donate funds to the Access Queen via PayPal - to lisaheft at openingspace.net
  - with a note that goes with your financial gift saying it is for
the Chilean Host Team.

(If you are a U.S.A. citizen and need a tax write-off you can also pay
via the Open Space Institute-US with a note that says 'Access Queen' -
or send me a check with a note in the memo portion of your check -
though I am not myself a non-profit. Contact me for more information
on either of those two options.)

Access Queen is an awareness and resource-sharing project I run that
helps people get to our annual WOSonOSs - and for the first-ever-in-
the-Southern-Hemisphere WOSonOS I would say that strengthening the
knowledge of the Chilean Host Team is good fertilizer for the seeds
and growth of more and more Open Space in South America.  If you have
additional forms of resources to offer - it is not just a money thing
- mileage? Accommodation in San Francisco? other offerings? - thank
you for letting me know.

I speak Spanish so can welcome even Juan Luis' mono-lingual (Spanish-
speaking-only) colleagues to the workshop and include them in the
learning.
Registration for any of the workshops I host is pay-what-you-can - so
Juan Luis and colleagues can afford that part.
The majority of funds raised may go towards whatever costs Juan Luis
or us locals cannot afford - such as air fair and other out-of-pocket
expenses.
Be sure that they are also raising their own money to pay towards
their costs.

Any money raised that remains after their costs are covered will go
towards either
- bringing them back again for the OSonOS Heidi and I will soon tell
you all about (this coming March), or to
- help them get to another workshop any of us host in the US or South
America, or
- for any Askers seeking support to attend the 2011 WOSonOS in Chile.

Whatever the individual Chilean Host Team member requests for growing
their own learning and their South American learning community.

Lisa

Several of us OS colleagues are also planning to facilitate different
kinds of OS workshops in several countries in South America in 2011 to
further grow OS knowledge, capacity and community in South America -
which is the home of some really marvelous and skilled facilitators
who are interested in adding Open Space to their skills / knowledge /
dialogue tools. So by the time we gather in Chile for WOSonOS 2011 in
October - we will be able to celebrate the growth and strength of
Spanish language / South American culture Open Space knowledge and
community... This is my own dream - that we not just (whoever is able
to) fly in for a fun and educational single international event next
October but work towards the growth of local capacity and ability for
facilitating Open Space.

And if you do not already know about it - there is a group on our Open
Space World Community ning site - that meets in Spanish - that Juan
Luis also hosts... http://openspaceworld.ning.com - come visit!
(if you do not know Spanish you can always translate the sentences at
tradukka.com - Juan Luis and my favorite translation site that gets
most... of the words correctly...!)

Lisa Heft
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
Opening Space