Youth Leaders

ashley cooper mail.easilyamazed at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 18:51:21 PDT 2010

Hello Open Space friends,

I have fallen off of the OSlist for awhile, but I wanted to share with you a
talk from a recent TEDx event that I hosted,
TEDxNextGenerationAsheville<http://www.tedxnextgenerationasheville.com/>.
This event was all about spotlighting the ideas of young people and giving
them a public stage from which to share and be heard. It was also an
invitation for there to be more collaboration between youth and adults.
Chase Pickering spoke about the role of youth in leadership and how young
people can contribute to public decision-making and serve on Board of
Directors (which he did with the Jane Goddall Institute). If you are in a
position to invite a youth to serve on your board of directors or advisory
board or encourage the clients you work with, please consider Chase's
advice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27IJpZVP1qs

You can also watch Birke Baehr's talk about the food we eat. He is an 11
year old who is passionate about food and whose talk has gone viral and been
viewed over 200,000 times in less than 2 weeks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7Id9caYw-Y

Sending fondest regards from Asheville, NC, USA,
Ashley

P.s. If you would like to respond to me personally, please send it to
easilyamazed at gmail.com . I have not been checking this account regularly.
Thank you.