Thanksgiving Day, Family and Science

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Thu Nov 25 12:32:52 PST 2010

Suzanne -

Thank you for sharing your intimate and bittersweet journey with your
parents with us.

Thanksgiving is a holiday that I know is celebrated in the United
States, Canada and a region of the Netherlands, and there is
apparently another kind of holiday called Thanksgiving in Grenada, as
well.
Perhaps you folks in other countries have Thanksgiving holidays also -
called by that or other names.

So I will just speak to the one we celebrate here in the States. While
it may have originated as a colonialist or religious holiday it is now
commonly celebrated as a day for all kinds of people to feast and give
thanks for the bountiful harvest - to share lovely food and drink and
also to give thanks for whatever one wishes to.

I give thanks that your parents, Suzanne, have such a loving and
present daughter to see them through this challenging time (for all of
you).

I give thanks that I am so closely involved in my own parents' care,
daily lives, wellness and discovery in their own autumnal years.

And I give thanks to you, dear OSLISTers and my dear friend Harrison,
for so generously sharing, learning, exploring and giving freely your
ideas, questions, experiences and support for this marvelous process
called Open Space.

A deep bow to you all,
Lisa

Lisa Heft