OS and Meditation

David Osborne dosborne at change-fusion.com
Fri Nov 12 07:51:39 PST 2010

I agree that OS is similar to meditation.

I had a wonderful opportunity to be part of a group that Harrison was
sharing with last night. It was a great opportunity to deepen my
understanding of the self organizing process that open space enables. One of
my insights was that self organizing is very similar to a process I teach in
applying emotional Intelligence. It all starts with awareness of both the
external environment and internal state and as we increase our awareness it
provides more opportunity for conscious choice. This is at the core of
evolution. Meditation enables this self awareness and I would co-relate
meditation to the deep listening within OS. One is at the individual level
the other is at the system level. In OS the system itself is becoming more
aware of it¹s internal and external environment / state and through this
able to make more conscious and healthy choice

I would love thoughts & comments from others.

David