Open Space Training opportunity in Indonesia

Alan Stewart alanmstewart at gmail.com
Wed May 26 07:35:25 PDT 2010

Dear All

Further to my posts on OST and community consultations (5 May 2010) and
Open Space training opportunity in Indonesia (23 May 2010) ...

I am delighted to report that there have been remarkable offers of
assistance and most encouraging responses to my queries re:

.  the five principles and law in Bahasa Indonesia. They have now been
generated by Dania Pratiwi in Jakarta with assistance from Noel Tan in
Singapore. These will have their first public airing in my presentation
in Sumatra on Monday and will likely appear in Lisa's list soon.

. training/co-learning on OST in Sumatra to begin with and then who
knows where?

(I would add that Dania translated my -- limited number! -- of power
point slides into Bahasa Indonesia too; what a fun person
she is. :-)  )

These comments below indicate that the potential is substantial.

Says Dania:  When OST takes root in Sumatra... great thing will happen,
I believe :) I know Indonesians will LOVE OST.

Gail West: Sounds like a winner!  Having lived in North Sumatra for
several years I can imagine how folks might respond to open space.

And from a former colleague in Australia: I would not be surprised if
the Sumatran community respond very positively. My time in Malaysia
indicated to me that both the professionals and community understand the
importance of community engagement [not passive "education"] in
developing and shaping public and health policy.

I am most grateful to all those who kindly offered support and
encouragement for this project.  I will do what I can to realize the
latent potential and will keep you in the loop about whatever emerges.

Go well

Alan

Alan Stewart
Facilitator of conversations that matter and participatory fun
alan at multimindsolutions.com
<mailto:alan at multimindsolutions.com%C2%A0%C2%A0>Hong Kong
Tel:  +85294387680
Web: www.multimindsolutions.com <http://www.multimindsolutions.com>