OST training and "certification" - the role of OSIs? (was: Re: [OSLIST] Open Space Facilitation: Making it Work! 28-30 Sep 2010, Utrecht, The Netherlands

Steven (Doc) List doc at anotherthought.com
Tue May 25 13:20:49 PDT 2010

As always, said most simply and eloquently.

I admit that I've wondered about Open Space training for facilitators.
It's not that I don't think there's some value in learning from folks
who've "been there and done that."  I struggle with the idea that you
can learn it in a classroom.

How do you teach the spirit of the facilitator in a classroom or a
book?  You don't.  You learn it through experience.

I think much of the training/learning focuses on the logistics and
organization, more than on the facilitation.  But since I've never
attended any training, I could be *very* wrong.

...Doc