world osonos?

Raffi Aftandelian raffi_1970 at YAHOO.COM
Tue May 18 18:37:20 PDT 2010

michael,

great questions.

>>what if the hosting of osonos was itself an open invitation -- and anyone,
anywhere, could choose to show up, bring friends and add spirit?  wouldn't
that be some kind of "access?" breakthrough?

didn't this happen this to a degree this year with the "Fringe osonos in oz"?

and isn't the osonos already an open invitation? if anyone felt called to
hold a second or third or whatever osonos where one is, they're always free
to do so...

there's another matter here though:

the wosonos, perhaps more than any other event, has traditionally been the
gathering where a significant number of our community elders could be found.

and, i imagine, for a lot of people it is important to be in the physical
presence of elders. they inspire us! watching the marysville osonos 2002 and
the berlin 2010 history of wosonos storytelling made my heart sing, just
seeing the elders in the circle.

i have found while attending a wosonos i haven't necessarily spent a lot of
time buzzing around our elders, however it is really powerful to know that
they are in the room, too!

warmly,
raffi