London 2012

Phelim McDermott phelim at mac.com
Tue May 18 15:07:03 PDT 2010

Hi Folks,

I've just got back to London from USA and have been checking in with
Matilda and the OSlist. I am very excited about the prospect of London
for Wosonos 2012 and Improbable working on hosting this event. I'd got
the impression we had got a YES and I was waiting to speak to the rest
of our team before saying anything but realise that I should say
something now.

I had been talking to other members of our company  about the
potential invite for a while and wanted to say that this was a very
heartfelt invitation from myself and Improbable which involved us
supporting Matilda to fly to the centre of the circle to Berlin to
make the invitation at the very last minute.  It was like one of those
sessions that don't happen unless you .... Hold... Wait... Hold......
The space and could so easily  not have happened. A true impulse that
Matilda really supported and I'd like to thank her for that. I'd also
like to thank Sarah Jane and Nick at Improbable for buying her ticket
out to Berlin the day before she left !

I also wanted to say that part of my excitement, having been to both
wosonos and Harrisons "osonos by the sea," is to support the potential
for our UK Open space community to connect to itself and to the rest
of the worldwide community. I think Improbable are in a unique
position to get support for making this event happen and to also
connect it to the burgeoning community of people who are now working
with OS through our open space events. It's a chance to both look
inward across the space and outward in a welcoming way to the world.

So as Harrison said " I hear you're having a party". Well it's true we
are and you are all invited. I've heard enough positive response and
celebration to feel it's going to happen and the invitation has been
accepted. (Can singing Waltzing Matilda be considered a yes?) So If
your process around that wasn't finished in Berlin its time to speak
now before we start buying the bunting.

In much excitement and love

Phelim

Sent from my iPhone