4 July: 25 years of Open Space

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Fri May 14 15:17:49 PDT 2010

Finally this morning, Harrison landed in Berlin first via twitter with
a special message transmitted by Holger Naumeihmer (Wow Harrison on
twitter!) and then with a personal email message to us read by mmp
(Michael Panwitz) that got  us teary-eyed folks a bit choked up.

So I'd guess,  the 25th anniversary and honoring celebration (with
baseball cap in place of the cowboy hat) of our dear pal Harrison
officially began this morning in Berlin Germany!

A few weeks ago, I sent a personal thank you note to Harrison
expressing my deepest gratitude for Open Space and how it helped me
find my personal bliss and based on the fact I've only got one life to
live, this is no small gift.  Judging from the stories I've heard in
Berlin, in Taiwan and so many times before everywhere, seems I'm not
alone.  So my suggestion would be that that we collect 100 brief
stories, anecdotes, a paragraph or a few short lines telling how OS
has personally touched our lives.  Personal and from the heart,
nothing fancy! Why 100?   Well 25 years of OS plus 75 years of
Harrison adds up to a nice round number of 100...a century of
transformation!

What I am offering is that I could perhaps leave these writings on his
doorstep in Camden, Maine as I may possibly be driving through around
then.  Don't expect he'll be there though as he'll probably be
blissfully riding the waves of Maine.

In the spirit of those offerings, it seems a propos that I share
Harrison's recent response when I sent him my blissful thank you note
a few weeks ago. His answer could just as easily have been directed to
any of you who experienced what I have and feel as I do.

NOTE FROM HARRISON:

"Well as I think I have said before – You got it! Or maybe more
accurately, It got you. Anyhow, Enjoy! (referring to my bliss) I
certainly have, and I can only tell you that it only gets better even
if you don’t have a clue where you are going. Which I guess is the
point.
As for Berlin – I am afraid I will not be joining you and all the
other wonderful folks. Seems like I have joined that not so elite
circle of Men with Prostate Cancer. In my case there are multiple
other things that could dispatch me sooner, but it seemed reasonable
to limit the risk where possible. So while you are enjoying the
radiance of grand company, I will be enjoying radiance of a different
sort, followed by “seeding.” Fried and seeded. Sounds like a grand
recipe! So demise is not imminent and prognosis excellent – but there
is a certain amount of time involved. More to the point I will be in
Maine on the 1st of July – and on my boat just about as soon as I can
get to the docks. There are important things in life!"

Harrison

Suzanne Daigle
NuFocus Strategic Group
7159 Victoria Circle