Balloons as an Ice Breaker

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Wed May 12 13:54:04 PDT 2010

Lucas - Sounds like a lot of fun. And I know on the basis of long
experience, being an old Fed myself, that Feds are just like every other
human being on the planet. When they first sit down in the circle they may
think it is a little bit weird. However, if you will just go right ahead
with the "Standard opening" - Welcome to Open Space as you walk the circle -
move right to the reason for the gathering (We are here today to solve the
problems of transparency) hit the four principles, one law, the admonition
(prepare for surprises) - and if you keep all of that to 15-20 min they will
be hard at work identifying their issues and never look back. Don't worry
about making them feel comfortable - just open the space and get the folks
working. After all that is why they came (I hope). Anything else is just a
distraction, I think. Have fun!

Harrison

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Dr.

Potomac, MD 20854

USA

Phone 301-365-2093

www.openspaceworld.com

www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
<mailto:oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:

 <http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html>