Organizational Transformation Conferences (was: Re: [OSLIST] ODWS - Journey through time; suggestions please !!)

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Sat May 29 11:19:27 PDT 2010

Dear all

Thanks for the map, Jack.

The map, and some clarifications by Harrison, reminded
me of a different thing.

OST was born in the
"Organization Transformation Conferences".

In WOSonOS in Berlin, I met a lady (that I cannot
remember the name and later have not seen her again to ask for the contacts)
that told me that the last OT Conference was to be held in London, but there were insufficient
registrations and it did not took place. Nor any other after that.

In ancient mails, in the OSLIST Archives, I can see
that OT22 took place in Scotland, in 2004, and OT23 was planned to take place
in Milwaukee, in 2005. I also remember to later receive an invitation to
London, and I even considered to go there (and profit to see my sister and my
English family, in Brighton). But later I could not. But that exchange of mails
is lost with a computer that crashed many moons ago.

If there is anyone that can complete the story from
OT22 to the last one that took (or not) place, I would be grateful.

I would also like to understand why the OT Conferences
died (without any trace that I could discover in the Internet).

And why have the OT Conferences died if the distinction
between OD and OT is IMHO more needed now than ever before?

Maybe this can be somehow related with my previous
post.

If there is no longer a clear distinction between OD and OT, than OST and
all the other "large group facilitation methods" belong after all to
the same stream - OD.

Interesting, don't you think?

Regards

Artur