OS...the gift that never stops giving

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Tue May 25 03:37:00 PDT 2010

"How do I love thee...Let me count the ways."  Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Tomorrow, it will already be 2 weeks since the Berlin WOSonOS began. I
should know this by now, the tug in your heart that you feel weeks and
months later when you're back home and you can still feel the memories
of how it felt (your body, your mind, your heart) to be in Open Space
in those wonderful conversations and stories with passion so
bountiful, energy high, friendships deep even though often meeting for
the first time face to face.  I am still in awe of this world-wide
community ...the sharing, the authenticity, the joys and the intense
emotions, the celebration and the meaningful purpose it ignites inside
each of us when we are together.  This same magic is present in our
communications on the OS list, on NING, through personal emails, by
phone and everywhere.  Such gratitude I feel to be part of this
knowing that each in our own way, we are also helping people open
space everywhere in small and big communities around the globe
inviting  them to discover each other just as we do.  Making the world
better always starts there when ordinary people connect with each
other, just being themselves and sharing what they are passionate
about.

In the end what was and is always beautiful is that space was opened a
few weeks ago -- a space with a big empty middle. People quickly came
into that middle to create something from nothing and that something
became great.  It's what happened in Taiwan, in Berlin and happens
everywhere, never the same, always special in its own way.  Next year:
Chile and Juan Luis and a growing crowd of helpers who welcomes us
with open arms and open heart to South America and his home country,
and then after that London with Mathilda, who in her beautiful improv
way carried a collective invitation from the UK giving us a preview of
what awaits in the beautiful capital of theatre.

So now as I start a brand new day, I just want to say  it straight
out, something we don't always say straight out:  I LOVE all of
you...those I met who I want to reach out to and hug right now (from
Paris, to Nepal, to Chile, to Portugal, to Germany, to Russia, to the
US and Canada, to Taiwan, to Italy and on and on)  and those I don't
even know because I know I would enjoy you too.  Yes the man with the
hat, with martini in hand started all this almost by accident 25 years
ago but then in life, we learn there are no accidents.  What happened
was meant to happen and it created this...the gift that never stops
giving, that just grows and grows into a big Global circle which we
call home.

Suzanne

--
Suzanne Daigle