Open space sessions for Police Department

Carol Loughrey loughrey at nbnet.nb.ca
Tue May 11 04:39:51 PDT 2010

I have been asked to do 3 back to back open space sessions
(to accommodate shift work) for my local police department which
 is experiencing difficulty in terms a union loss of trust in
Senior management.  There is a concern amongst the rank and
File that too much "openness" on their part will result in
Consequences.

I was challenged as to whether I had ever done one in the "para-
Military" environment of a police force. I have not.  Has anyone
 else out there done an open space with a police force?  If, so
Were there any problems related to the nature of the organization?

Any advice that could sooth there concerns or just the fact that
 it had been done would be of use to me.

I have met with the management team and talked about the importance
Of the space being safe and respectful and that they needed to check
Their egos at the door.  I am confident that they are ready to do
That.