Invitation from Barbara Bunker re OS outcomes

Barbara Bunker bbunker at buffalo.edu
Fri May 7 07:07:34 PDT 2010

Dear all... I have been lurking on the list since last summer and enjoying
getting to know the community better.  As you may know, Billie Alban and I have
long been interested in understanding all the systems/large group methods that
have been developing since the 1980s.(Handbook of Large Group Methods, 2006, Wiley).

Next Fall at the Org Development Network meeting in New Orleans, USA October
17-20 Billie and I have been asked to do a large session on Sunday afternoon.  I
am pasting in below the "call for cases".  But briefly, we are interested in
knowing about and having reports of completed consultations where you know
something about what happened after the OS is over....particularly what outcomes
occurred and have been documented AND more informally what is known about any
transfer of practices back into the daily working life of the system.

Since I have been on this list, much of the conversation is about Open Space
itself, but I know of a number of OS events where a great deal happens as a
result of the event.  That's the part we want to know more about.

We are also interested in getting known, work that is not in publication.  I
believe there are many wonderfully competent even inspired practitioners who
don't write and we want to see what we can do to make their work visible.

The process is to let us know about your case so we can talk with you by phone or
email...see below  Best  B3

--------

CALL FOR Large Group PRACTITIONER CASES FROM BILLIE AND BARBARA

	We (Billie Alban & Barbara Bunker) have been invited to create a large two hour
session that focuses on what is happening in Large Group practice at the New
Orleans ODNetwork Conference in October. In this “Call for cases” we are inviting
you to let us know about your work (see criteria below).  We will select some
cases that fit our focus of interest (see below) for presentation in our session.

FOCUS OF INTEREST:

	We are interested in completed consultations  where you have data/information
about two levels of outcomes from the change process:

1.	Data about the impact of the Large Group change process.  What happened? What
are your ideas about the factors that lead to full implementation and positive
outcomes after the Large Group event.

2.	 Data about positive transfer of learning back into the work place such as new
ways of working, changes in employee attitudes or anything that might be called “
transfer of learning and capacity building”.  We are looking for cases that can
start conversations about what creates changes in the workplace culture.

	We know that there is a lot of very good work using LGMs that is not written up.
 We want to encourage you to share that work and wisdom and help us think about
these important issues.

OK, I’M INTERESTED.  WHAT DO I DO?

Send both of us an email with a brief description of the situation, the
intervention, and what happened as a result. Please, also send us your phone
number so that we can call you and learn more.
Check your calendar to be sure you are free and willing to come to New Orleans
for the ODNetwork Annual Conference in New Orleans October 17-20, 2010.

The deadline for your reply is June 30, 2010
Barbara Bunker: bbunker at buffalo.edu  Billie Alban  AlbanB at aol.com